Monday, March 18, 2013

Growing Out Short Hair


Before:
February 13, 2012

 After:
February 15, 2012

February 17, 2012

May 13, 2012

May 30, 2012

August 28, 2012

 October 3, 2012

 November 20, 2012

December 25, 2012


January 20, 2013

February 3, 2013

February 18, 2013

March 15, 2013

I wasn't necessarily trying to grow my hair out at first. In fact, from Feb-May 2012, I kept it short.  I loved having short hair! The main reason i did let it grow was so I could have the option of putting it up (everyone has ponytail days).  I will say that I had very few bad hair days with short hair.  It was super easy and fast to style.  

The hardest part of growing it out was probably from about December to February... I'm pretty sure I wore it in a stubby ponytail/ messy stub-bun every single day (hence that really awkward photo on Feb 3.  It was the only one I could find of my hair not in a pony for about 3 months).  That was the mullett stage.  Since I got past that weird mullett, things have been much better (and easier!).

Here are my recommendations for growing out short hair.

1.  Hair spray is your new bff.
2.  Don't be afraid to curl it.  Short & curly is awesome.
3.  Rock that weird mullett.  Or hide it in a ponytail or stub-bun, like i did.  Whatever.
4.  Don't cut it!!!!!  Do not even trim your bangs.  Just hide your scissors. 
(I cut mine.  and almost immediately regretted it).
5. Take pre-natal vitamins even if you're not pregnant.  They help hair grow faster.
6.  Be patient.  It will grow.  And before you know it, you'll be itching to chop it again.





No comments:

Post a Comment